When a family decides on homecare, the senior’s physical health and well-being are the first priority. But if the homecare agency is focused only on the physical well-being, the care will be incomplete. At Community Care of the Northeast, we understand that there is a lot more to people than just their physical body.
That is why we create an individual plan of action that meets the needs of the whole person: body, mind, and spirit.
- Our homecare aides are trained to help with daily living tasks so that the senior’s physical body stays safe, clean, and healthy. Help and supervision with walking and moving prevent falls. Ensuring healthy meals promotes proper nutrition. Assistance with personal hygiene keeps the body clean.
- Our registered nurses coordinate care among all the patient’s healthcare providers. Making sure each medical professional is kept up to date allows the provider to make the best decisions regarding the senior’s medical care.
- If the patient needs a ride to their medical appointments, our Wheels for Independence Program can help.
- As a Certified Music and Memory Agency, we have witnessed those who are affected by dementia or Alzheimer’s come alive when they hear their personal playlist of music. The music helps the senior hold on to memories connected to music and quickens the mind to the present surroundings. Find out why we are so excited about the Music and Memory program by watching the documentary Alive Inside.
- Because homecare provides personalized attention, there is always someone with whom the senior can interact. Social interaction keeps the mind sharp and active. Face to face communication keeps the senior’s mind engaged.
- In a nursing home setting, the aides need to care for many patients at once. But in a homecare setting, the aide is singularly focused on one patient for long lengths of time. This scenario creates a relationship of trust and a level of companionship depending on the ability of the patient. Having a trusted companion encourages the spirit of the patient.
- “There is no place like home.” Keeping seniors at home to age gives them a level of comfort and familiarity that nourishes their spirits.
- Through our respite care program, we can lift the spirits of family caregivers and give them a much-needed rest.
When you choose homecare for the senior in your life, choose Community Care of the Northeast. We care for not just the physical well-being of the patient, but the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. Contact us today.